At Vision Engineering’s New Milford, Connecticut facility, we are expanding our CNC Machining capabilities. We are offering a rewarding opportunity for a highly motivated, proactive individual to join a very strong, innovative and stable Company.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a CNC environment (turning and milling), with at least 5 years managing. We are looking for a hands on individual who will be leading a team to implement the latest tools & techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the CNC milling & turning department, ensuring overall productivity and quality levels are achieved
- Creates, implements and troubleshoots CNC programs for new parts on 3, 4 and 5 axis machining centers and lathes using MasterCAM
- Develops and maintains process routings and setup sheets
- Designs and oversees fixture design, build and prove out
- Interface with customers (internal and external) on new product introduction
- DFM, accurate costing, etc.
- Keep up to date with the latest industry trends and technology developments and implement improvements to improve competitiveness and quality
- Facilitates an ongoing cost reduction program (set up, production, tooling, coolants, etc.)
Skills and experience
- 10 plus years of machining/ programming/ setting up experience in a machine shop environment using CAM software such as Mastercam, of which at least 5 years involved 4/ 5 axis milling
- Technical degree in Manufacturing related field preferred
- Fully conversant with turning, milling and machining on a wide range of materials including stainless steel, brass, aluminium, solids, castings and plastics
- Programming experience with 4/ 5 axis machining centers on CAD/CAM, preferably Mastercam
- Strong leader, team player and a self starter with good communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and computer literate
- Able to analyse information, write reports and present a plan/ information to management, customers, peers and subordinates
- Use of Lean manufacturing principles
- Has a thorough knowledge of GDT, analysing and interpreting blueprints
- An thorough understanding of Statistical Process Control
Vision Engineering Inc is the North American subsidiary of Vision Engineering Ltd (UK). Established in 1985, Vision Engineering Inc. is a manufacturer of high tech optical and digital instrumentation, with modern manufacturing facilities in New Milford, Connecticut. A newly formed regional Tech & Sales Centre in Irvine, California has been established to cover this extremely high tech area and the West coast.
The parent company, Vision Engineering Ltd, was formed in 1958, and is a multi-award-winning English manufacturer of patented ergonomic stereo microscopes, digital microscopes and non-contact measuring systems.
Vision Engineering Group includes manufacturing facilities in the UK and in Connecticut, USA. Vision Engineering Group’s market is global and the world’s leading manufacturing companies rely on Vision Engineering products to improve quality control of their manufactured parts. From fault detection and rework to R&D and quality control, Vision Engineering’s products are unrivalled when it comes to ergonomics.
Wholly owned sales and service subsidiaries are located in Germany, Japan, France & Italy with additional representative offices in China, Malaysia and India.
How to apply
Vision Engineering offers an excellent compensation plan that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and profit sharing.
For immediate consideration, contact Jo Iorio @ Vision Engineering Inc. 570 Danbury Road New Milford, CT 06776. Phone # (860)355-3776, Fax # (860)355-0712 or firstname.lastname@example.org