Due to rapid business growth & development, a new role has been created for an Optics Business Development Executive in the North American region, to join an existing successful and dynamic commercial team. This role is either based in the new regional Tech offices in Irvine, California, or in the Manufacturing Base in New Milford, Connecticut. The role is suitable for a good candidate who largely works from a home office, with periodic visits to California or Connecticut.
The Optics Business Development Executive has a technical business development & sales role. Reporting to the Vision Optics Manager, who is based in the UK.
- Develop the North American market for sourced optics
- Carry out a thorough market analysis of existing & potential vertical markets
- Create a viable 3 year strategy for the development of the North American optics market
- Build up & maintain potential USA, Canada, Mexico & Costa Rica customer databases by internet search engine, exhibition leads, optical magazines, and any relevant information sources
- Liaise with the Vision Optics Europe Optics Business Development Executive, to ensure coverage of multinational customers
- Generate requests for quote by phone calls, e-mails, customer visit, social media and other marketing communication methods
- Liaise with the Vision Optics Far East (China) team for advances in technology, materials and manufacturing processes
- Work with Vision Optics manager and design team to produce quotes and send quotes to customers
- Close orders with customers
- Liaise with customers to ensure required quality and manage specifications
- Manage after sales service, for example, handling defect rejection, monitoring repair and replacement
Required knowledge, skills & experience
The role will suit any of the following candidates:
- 5 years+ sales or business development experience in any of the following disciplines:
- Digital imaging
- The candidate should have relevant basic optical component and system knowledge. Lenses, mirrors, prisms, filters, lasers camera system, etc, either gained through on the job experience or through academic study. For guidance, suitable subjects in Physics, Optics, Photonics at college level or better (further training will be given)
- Either equivalent experience or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is desirable
- Team player, but must also be proactive, with independence of thought
- Candidates will need a sound user level knowledge of Microsoft packages (training on our in-house systems will be given)
- Desirable knowledge in reading drawings, technical specifications, CAD or Zeemax will also be beneficial
- In addition to English, Mandarin or Cantonese is desirable
Regular North American travel will be required, including trade show participation, with occasional European trips (estimated at twice per year).
An attractive compensation package is available and is based on experience and skill set. Vision Engineering also offers a very competitive benefits package.
This is an opportunity for a commercially minded technical sales/business development executive to join a dynamic and fast growing part of an established international company.
Considerable role development potential is available to candidates with the right mindset and dynamism.
Vision Engineering is a progressive, forward thinking company, which subscribes fully to the letter and spirit of equal opportunity.
Vision Engineering Inc is the North American subsidiary of Vision Engineering Ltd (UK). Established in 1985, Vision Engineering Inc. is a manufacturer of high tech optical and digital instrumentation, with modern manufacturing facilities in New Milford, Connecticut. A newly formed regional Tech & Sales Centre in Irvine, California has been established to cover this extremely high tech area and the West coast.
The parent company, Vision Engineering Ltd, was formed in 1958, and is a multi-award-winning English manufacturer of patented ergonomic stereo microscopes, digital microscopes and non-contact measuring systems.
Vision Engineering Group includes manufacturing facilities in the UK and in Connecticut, USA. Vision Engineering Group’s market is global and the world’s leading manufacturing companies rely on Vision Engineering products to improve quality control of their manufactured parts. From fault detection and rework to R&D and quality control, Vision Engineering’s products are unrivalled when it comes to ergonomics.
Wholly owned sales and service subsidiaries are located in Germany, Japan, France & Italy with additional representative offices in China, Malaysia and India.
Vision Optics (www.voptics.com) is a relatively new division of the company which has delivered significant growth in the last 3 years. Vision Optics delivers quality optical components (such as lenses, mirrors, prisms, filters), optical consulting, design and services after sales to customers. Technical competence, fast reaction times, optimal customer service and added value are core philosophies of this successful division.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, contact Jo Iorio @ Vision Engineering Inc. 570 Danbury Road New Milford, CT 06776. Phone # (860)355-3776, Fax # (860)355-0712 or firstname.lastname@example.org